Windows 10 launched globally on July 29th, 2015 and it promised to change the world of Windows especially for Gamers. Why for Gamers? because of DirectX® 12 . Yeah that’s Microsoft® DirectX® 12 makes Windows 10 the ultimate gaming Windows. It will allow developers to use the new low-level API to bring out the full potential of graphics card and render the most beautiful graphics.
Windows 10 Gaming:
Microsoft has proudly reported about Windows 10 gaming. About Windows 10 gaming they said:
- In November, hours spent gaming on Windows 10 exceeded Windows 8 for the first time ever.
- Since Windows 10 launched in July, gamers have streamed over 5 million hours of Xbox One game content to Windows 10 PCs with Fallout 4 streamed the most frequently in November.
- Last month, nearly 30 percent of all Steam players played on Windows 10; there were six times more gamers playing Steam on Windows 10 than OSX and Linux combined.
- Nearly 20 percent of all non-mobile devices are now running on Windows 10 — roughly double from just 3 months ago.
Xbox One breaks Black Friday Records:
Microsoft also reported on Xbox One which breaks Black Friday records and how their new gen console is gaining momentum with the release of Windows 10.
- Xbox fans around the world spent a total of 325 million hours gaming on Xbox Live this past week. Hours spent playing games on Xbox One last week were up 196 percent compared to Black Friday week in 2014, and time spent using Xbox apps increased a whopping 321 percent.
- Worldwide Xbox Black Friday sales in the Xbox Store broke records with an increase of 57 percent across Xbox One and Xbox 360, global Xbox Live Gold subscriptions were up over 40 percent, and U.S. Xbox One console sales at retail were up 22 percent over the same period last year, making it the second biggest Black Friday week in 15 years of Xbox history in the U.S.
- Total paid unique users in the Xbox Store also broke records with an increase of 55 percent across Xbox One and Xbox 360 compared to Black Friday week last year, with 88 percent growth on Xbox One alone.
- Hardware is hot this holiday – the Xbox One 500GB Gears of War: Ultimate Edition Bundle was the best-selling Xbox console bundle. The Xbox Elite Wireless Controller has been met with high demand and was sold out at most major U.S. retailers since launch and we are working hard with retailers to replenish stock.
- Gamers have logged more than 4 million hours playing Xbox 360 games on Xbox One since Backward Compatibility launched on Nov. 12.
Since the launch of Windows 10, Xbox One started to gain momentum which allowed gamers to stream their Xbox One games to PC, its seems like Microsoft made Windows 10 especially for Xbox user. Because since the launch of Windows 10, Xbox One has started to gain momentm and is doing good now.
If you don’t know about the Windows 10 gaming and Xbox One streaming watch the video below to get idea.