Samsung is very much famous for its best mobile phones and also Samsung has make their name in the Tablet market. The Galaxy Tabs of Samsung company is very much famous and the tab which we are going to review is one of the most successful and it is in the first ever Tablets series by Samsung.
Apple company has first releases the Apple iPad in the market which was so successful that every pother company had start following Apple and create the tabs. Samsung has also follow Apple by crreateing a bigger version of galaxy S1 in tablet form.
The Galaxy Tab p1000 is equipped with the same 1.0 GHz Hummingbird processor and PowerVR SGX540 graphics accelerator, 512MB RAM as same as we have seen in the galaxy s1, and also a complete connectivity set and 16GB internal storage. This device was running on Android’s version 2.2 Froyo but now you can upgrade this tab to jelly bean 4.2.
SEE ALSO: Samsung Galaxy Tab A 9.7 Review.
SEE ALSO: Qmobile QTab V10 Full review.
The key features in this Tab at that time was:
- 09 x 120.45 x 11.98mm, 380g
- Quad-band GSM and tri-band 3G support, 7.2 Mbps HSDPA and 5.76 Mbps HSUPA support
- Full GSM phone calling functionality
- 7″ 16M-color TFT LCD capacitive touchscreen of WSVGA (600 x 1024) pixel resolution, Gorilla Glass
- Android OS v2.2 with TouchWiz 3.0 UI customization
- 1GHz Cortex A8 Hummingbird CPU
- PowerVR SGX540 graphics accelerator
- 512 MB of RAM
- 2 MP autofocus camera with smile detection and geo-tagging
- D1 (720 x 480 pixels) video recording at 30fps
- Wi-Fi 802.11b/g/n support
- GPS with A-GPS connectivity; Digital compass
- 16GB internal storage, microSD slot
- DivX and XviD video codec support, Full HD video playback
- HD video out (with a proprietary dock)
- Accelerometer, ambient-light and gyro sensor
- Standard 3.5 mm audio jack
- 30-pin connector and stereo Bluetooth v3.0
- Office document editor
- Secondary video-call camera
- Swype predictive text input
- Adobe Flash Player 10.1 support
- Stereo speakers
- 4000 mAh Li-Ion battery
- Great audio quality
Main Disadvantages of this Tablet:
- Viewing angles are very poor.
- Some applications are imcomplete because of new resolution.
- Loudspeaker problems.
- FM radio is absent.
- No USB host.
We have advantages as well as drawbacks for this mobile phone tablet. Although this tablet when it was released it was a good tablet and it gives the Apple company very tough time becauser it was somehow better than the Apple ipad and also it was very much affordable for the users, as the Apple iPad was expensive.
Galaxy Tab p1000 vs Apple iPad:
Samsung tab over Apple iPad:
- Lighter, smaller and easier to carry with yourself.
- Telephony which also includes 3g calls.
- 2 mega pixels camera.
- Android OS 2.2
- Micro SD card slot.
- Regular Size SIM card.
- Supported by Adobe flash player.
- Bluetooth 3.0.
- 1080p video playback.
Apple iPad over Samsung Tab:
- Larger in screen size.
- Better screen quality.
- iOs system.
- Apple store have almost 30,000+ apps than Android play store.
- Bigger battery life.
- 64 GB internal storage which is Huge.
- Youtube stream higher quality image.
Both the devices have their own benefits we cant say which one is better, it is up on the user preference that he/she choose which device and what quality suits to them.
The technical specifications of Samsung p1000 galaxy tab are showing below:
|2G Network||GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900|
|3G Network||HSDPA 900 / 1900 / 2100|
|Status||Available. Released 2010, October|
|Dimensions||190.1 x 120.5 x 12 mm|
|Type||TFT capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors|
|Size||600 x 1024 pixels, 7.0 inches|
|– Gorilla Glass display
– TouchWiz UI
– Multi-touch input method
– Accelerometer sensor for UI auto-rotate
– Three-axis gyro sensor
– Touch-sensitive controls
– Proximity sensor for auto turn-off
|Loudspeaker||Yes, with stereo speakers|
|Phonebook||Practically unlimited entries and fields, Photocall|
|Call records||Practically unlimited|
|Internal||16/32 GB storage, 512 MB RAM|
|Card slot||microSD, up to 32GB|
|3G||HSDPA, 7.2 Mbps; HSUPA, 5.76 Mbps|
|WLAN||Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi hotspot|
|Bluetooth||Yes, v3.0 with A2DP|
|USB||Yes, v2.0 (proprietary)|
|Primary||3.15 MP, 2048×1536 pixels, autofocus, LED flash|
|Secondary||Yes, 1.3 MP|
|OS||Android OS, v2.2 (Froyo)|
|CPU||ARM Cortex A8 processor, 1 GHz processor; PowerVR SGX540 graphics|
|Messaging||SMS(threaded view), MMS, Email, Push Mail, IM, RSS|
|Colors||Black and Grey|
|GPS||Yes, with A-GPS support|
|Java||Yes, via Java MIDP emulator|
|– Social networking integration
– Digital compass
– Full HD video playback
– Up to 7h movie playback
– MP4/DivX/WMV/H.264/H.263 player
– MP3/WAV/eAAC+/AC3/FLAC player
– Image/video editor
– Thinkfree Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, PDF)
– Google Search, Maps, Gmail,
YouTube, Calendar, Google Talk, Picasa integration
– Readers/Media/Music Hub
– Adobe Flash 10.1 support
– Voice memo/dial/commands
– Predictive text input (Swype)
|Standard battery, Li-Po 4000 mAh|
|Talk time||Up to 28 h (2G) / Up to 25 h 30 min (3G)|
Samsung Galaxy Tab p 1000 Unboxing:
The box of this device is huge in size because it contain a very large display plus body tablet. By unboxing this device you will get:
- Galaxy Tab p1000 product.
- Galaxy Charging adapter with cable attached to it.
- Galaxy original head phone.
- User Guides by Samsung for this tab.
- You can also get Samsung official QWERTY keyboard of this tablet but you have to pay extra amount for this thing, but it is very helpful and easy to use.
Samsung Galaxy Tab p1000 Design:
The design of this tablet is very attractive instead of rectangular edges this tablet has got round edges. The back is made up of fully plastic which is very easy to catch up in hands and it is also fit good in hands.
The front of the Samsung Galaxy Tab is mostly about the 7” WSVGA (1024 x 600 pixels) LCD touchscreen. The pixels density is 192 pixels per inch. Above the display we find the video-call camera and the ambient light sensor.
Below the samsung galaxy tab p1000 display we find four capacitive buttons. Those include Back, Home, Context menu and a dedicated Search key. They are all large enough and comfortable to use. And since the keys use the same technology as the screen, the transition is as smooth as it gets.
The battery of galaxy tab p1000 is not user removable and it has a huge 4,000 mAH battery which is enough for 7 hours continuously video playback. The general impression of the Samsung P1000 Galaxy Tab hardware is very positive. The display is not as good as we hoped, but the controls are large enough and there are generally no ergonomic blunders. We are sorry they had to go for a proprietary connectivity port but at least that does allow HDMI output (via the optional dock), which makes good sense on a 1080p DivX-capable device
Samsung Galaxy Tab p 1000 Camera:
This tabklet has got a 7.0 icnhes screen iwhichi is very large and easy to capture your favorite moments with this size of screen. You get a 3.15 mega pixels rear camera and on the front you get a 1.3 mega pixels camera quite good for normal pictures in the day light but the result in the low light conditions are horrible.
The camera features of this samsung galaxy tab p1000 are geotagging, face and smile detection and nothing else. The image quality is pretty decent considering the 3MP resolution. The noise reduction algorithms are well balanced and mature enough so there is neither too much noise nor too great a loss of fine detail. Colors are natural and dynamic range is good.
This Galaxy Tab p1000 can do all the task that everyone want to be run on their tablets. But for the flawed gallery and the high-latency screen with sub-par viewing angles we are struggling to find an aspect of its performance to criticize this device has lose some strength.
In many senses we get the feeling that the Galaxy Tab is better designed than the Apple iPad to which it will inevitably be compared. The micro SD card slot, the widescreen display ratio and the telephony capabilities (not to mention the regular SIM card support) and to a lesser extent the on-board camera, make perfect sense on a modern-day device and give the Galaxy tab something of an edge.
Of course the iPad strikes back with a slightly higher-res screen with better viewing angles, a much better gallery and a slightly longer battery life but the over-reliance on iTunes brings us back to where we started.
The screen size of samsung galaxy tab p1000 is also very much handy and reasonable 7.0 inches as compare to the bug 10.0 inches. Yes apple iPad will be the favorite who want extra big screen size but they cannot carry this heavy and big device easily.
SEE ALSO: How to Root your Tablet.
SEE ALSO: How to fix water damaged phone