Alopecia, also commonly known as, ‘hair fall’, refers to hair loss, hair thinning or balding. The condition can occur anywhere in the human body. An adult is considered to have up to approx. 150,000 hairs only on the head. Hair fall is a natural phenomenon, only if one loses from 80 to 100 hairs a day from the whole body, the doubling of which is considered to be alopecia. In such cases proper consultation is advisable. Male hair loss treatment and Female hair loss treatment, symptoms and causes are described below;
Male Pattern Baldness: This is commonly noticed in men above the age of 50 and more than 50% of the total population of men faces this condition.
- Genes or family history of baldness.
- According to research the unhealthiness of the male sex-hormones can cause the condition.
- Certain types of diseases like cancer, or conditions like thyroid, excessive medications and anabolic steroids.
- Weight gain
- Breathing problems and labored respiration
- Chest pain or rapid heartbeats
- Swelling of the hands, ankles, face or abdomen
The Hair Treatment:
Nowadays hair loss treatment for men is done in three basic ways;
- Topical Creams and Lotions: There is a brand named Rogaine that produces hair fall solution creams. Proper use of their creams and lotion can result in restoration of hair growth especially for people who have lost their due to genetic or hereditary factors.
- Surgery: Men are more comfortable in getting surgery done in the areas they are bald.
- Surgical hair-transplant techniques include grafting. In this process, hairs are picked from the areas where there is enough hair, and placed in the bald area. There are side effects of this; the candidate will experience swelling, bruising and severe headaches.
- Hair-growth laser treatment can help stimulate to rejuvenate and improve hair growth. Laser treatments are the most expensive, but customers see results within a short period of time.
- Medications: There are anti-inflammatory medicines recommended by trichologists. These medicines include steroid based creams and injections that are made to repaid damaged follicles and prevent further damage caused by chemicals.
Female Pattern Baldness: Female hair loss is considered a bigger problem than that of males’. There are several hair loss solutions and home remedies to treat nowadays. The symptoms, causes and treatments for the condition are described below:
- Genes or hereditary can be a great factor. It is found to be the most common factor as well.
- An underlying endocrine condition.
- A hormone secreting tumor.
- Irregular menstrual period-cycle
- Severe acne condition
- Thinning of hair on the scalp
- Abnormal thyroid level
- Lack of vitamins like iron.
The Treatment: For hair loss solution these are the proven ways practiced today;
- Minoxidil: This is the best drug proven to treat the condition. The formulas it is available in 2 to 5%. One has to use it on the scalp regularly, to see notice a significant growth of hair. The treatment takes a minimum of 1 year to start working.
- Spironolactone: This drug removes excess fluid from the body and blocks androgen production, which results in helping regrowth of hair in women.
A hair transplant is also an option, however, the risk and cost is very high. Supplements like Omega-3 and Omega-6 fatty acids and antioxidants also help in preventing hair loss.