How to Root Google Nexus 6 | Easiest Way
Nexus 6 has been launched in November 2014 with lots of great and excellent features with amazing specifications. (Nexus 5 2nd generation will be released in next month). It fully runs on Android 5.0 lollipop pure stock of Android more specifically, and it has all the latest features. It has 5.96 inches HD screen and having a resolution of 1440 x 2560 pixels. It has a 2.7 GHz Krait with a 450 CPU Quad core processor, 32 GB and 64 GB of internal memory along with a big 3 GB of RAM. It has 13 mega pixels back camera with LED flash and 2 mega pixels front facing camera. The camera has a beautiful result in day as well as in low light condition.
Since Nexus 6 has a variety of brilliant features but some of people still wants to root it for additional control over the Smartphone. Although rooting your android device will allow you many different control over you cell phone, it means that by rooting you will own your Smartphone 100%. You can change your custom settings, you can use the rooted apps, you can install custom recoveries on you android Smartphone, and the most important thing is that rooting will allow completely changing or altering your android operating system which will give you your favorite UI and all the settings of your choice. By rooting your device you can also get rid of the unwanted apps that come with the stock and you cannot uninstall or remove it and it carries lots of space in your storage and in RAM, Rooting will allow you to remove and completely uninstall these apps from your android device. There are lots of custom recoveries which you can install in your android Smartphone and by using these recoveries you can install different android ROM’s on your device which will give a new look to you phone.
If you don’t want to lose you personal and important data then it is important that you must backup your important files as rooting will delete all of your data. So you should first back up your data.
Steps in rooting you Google Nexus 6
One thing most important before starting the rooting process, make sure that OEM (Original equipment manufacturer) should be unlock and the option must be enabled. Once it is enabled, OEM Unlock will unlock your boot loader and wipe all your data on your Smartphone so you should be very careful in these steps. You have to go to your developers setting and there is a option of OEM you should tick that option.
Make sure that you must download the tool for Nexus 6 from this link https://autoroot.chainfire.eu/ , the tool will be found at the end of the page.
- In the first step download the Nexus 6 tools from the link given above and extract the folder through RAR.Extractor on the Desktop.
- Make sure that you fully have charged your mobile phone (70% charge must be available).
- Back up your important data and save it in the safe area, if you have Micro SD card installed, you should remove the card for safety.
- Turn off your mobile phone.
- Now you have to reboot your mobile phone in the fastboot mode by pressing the Volume Down + Power Button at the same time.
- Now release the volume down button as you see something (must be a logo) on the screen.
- Now, you have to navigate to extracted Auto Root file that you just downloaded and it will do the job.
- You can start Auto Root on your choice of operating system, that can be whether Windows, MAC , or Linux and it will lead you to Root your device in just simple steps
- Now, you have to follow the onscreen prompts to OEM Unlock and then root, Now you have successfully rooted your android Nexus 6.
People who want to see the rooting of this mobile live or in video for more understanding, we are going to mention a link from YouTube so that it is more easy to understand and root your Nexus. The links are mentioned below
But we have mentioned the best and simple process for nexus 6 root, once you have enabled the ”OEM Unlock” option , and booted into fastboot mode, then chainfire will itself root the device and you don’t have to do anything else.
if you want to root any other android mobile then click HERE.