After being release by Google, the latest android version in the TECH world, the android M preview is going to launched three times before the official launch of the version. In this post we will show the method step by step that how can you install the latest 3 previews of android 6.0 Marshmallow in your Nexus 5, Nexus 6 and Nexus 9 device. Keep in your mind that that Google has confirmed in this week that their next version will be Marshmallow.
NOTE: This preview of Android M is only release for Nexus 5, Nexus 6, and Nexus 9 devices. If you don’t have these three devices please don’t run this firmware on your mobile devices as it will lead your mobile to destroy the internal firmware and then you can resolve this issue easily. So be safe and first backup all your important files before doing this process.
SEE ALSO: How to Root Google Nexus 6.
SEE ALSO: Nexus 5 (2015) latest Model.
How to get the Android M developer preview 3:
If you want to know how to flash Android M, it couldn’t be simpler. The final Android M preview, which has a build number of MPA44G, works just like any other Nexus factory image – simply download the file and flash it.
Steps in getting this version:
- Download ADB Tools and unpack the zip file.
- Download the android M preview for your specific Nexus device.
- Unlock Bootloader for your mobile device.
- Must sure that USB Debugging mode is enabled.
- Drivers of your mobile phone is installed on your PC computer or laptop.
How to Install Android M on your Nexus now:
- First step is to fully charge your Nexus device. Minimum there should be at least 70% charge in your mobile phone.
- Turn off your Nexus phone.
- Press and hold Volume down and power button together to restart you mobile into Bootloader Mode as showing below.
- Connect your device to your PC computer using USB cable. (make sure that you have enabled the USB debugging option).
- Open a Windows Explorer window and find the unpacked firmware you downloaded to the ADB Tools folder.
- Double click the flash-all.bat file and let it do its thing. The rest of the setup will automatically be completed by this bootloader.
- Your Nexus will be rebotted after these steps and it will restart and when it is on it will be running on the android 6.0 Marshmallow preview 3.
If you have any problem while doing these steps or anything not performing smoothly. Make sure you have USB Debugging enabled and an unlocked bootloader as described in the linked guide above.
If you get stuck in a bootloop (your Nexus device will be stuck on the loading screen at startup), you can try to clear the cache partition first by going back to the bootloader and using the volume keys to enter Recovery Mode (use the Power button to confirm your selection). Once you’ve wiped the cache partition you can try to reboot.
If your issue is still not resolved, go back to the Recovery and select wipe data/factory reset and press the Power button to confirm. This should clear things and it will run your process more smoothly.
If you still get an error message in the command window telling you you’re missing the system.img file, do the following:
Unpack the image.zip file as well and copy and paste those files into the same place as the rest of the unpacked files (this should be the ADB Tools folder alongside the as adb.exe and fastboot.exe).
Then, open a command window (hold Shift and right click, select ”Open command window here”) and enter the following commands:
- fastboot flash bootloader<bootloader-filename>.img
- fastboot reboot-bootloader
- fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- fastboot flash boot boot.img
- fastboot flash system system.img
- fastboot flash cache cache.img
- fastboot flash vendor vendor.img.
Below are showing images of Android M preview on Nexus devices
If you still find any issue, complain you can simply tell us in the comment box below. We will try our level best to explain your problem and solve it. Thank you.