Batman: Arkham Knight coming back to PC by end of October
Batman: Arkham Knight is the the 4th installment in the Batman Arkham Series. It was one of the most anticipated game of the year, the game was released on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC. But the PC release met a horrible fate. The review of the PC and console version of the game were very different. The console version got great reviews while the steam page of the PC version of the game was flooded with negative remarks and reviews. The reason is that the PC Version of the game had many bugs, performance issue making the game for almost 70% PC user unplayable.
Warner Bros was forced to remove the game from play-stores, making it unavailable for download and assigned a team of Rocksteady and Nvidia to work on the fixing of bugs and stuff. The sales were suspended in June.
The First performance patch was released on September 4th 2015 for the user who already own the game and were waiting for a patch while the sales were still offline. The patch notes were :
- Reduced frame-rate hitches.
- Optimisations for system memory and VRAM usage.
- Improved performance on all GPUs (requires the latest drivers).
- More comprehensive in-game settings.
- Fixed low resolution texture bugs.
- Fixed hitches when running on mechanical hard drives (HDD).
They also mentioned that they continued to work for future update on the following things :
- Adding support for SLI and Crossfire.
- Adding support for the latest DLC and Season Pass content.
- Adding support for additional updates such as Photo Mode.
- Continued improvements and bug fixing for a Windows 7 specific memory issue that occurs on configurations with 8GB of system RAM and some Nvidia GPUs during extended game play.
- Continued improvements for Windows 10 specific issues on systems with some AMD GPUs.
But yesterday they finally announced that the updates will be ready by the end of October and once again Batman: Arkham Knight will be available to download for PC. They made the following statement on their Game Official Steam page.
As many of you know, we released a major patch for Batman: Arkham Knight PC a few weeks ago. While there were significant performance improvements made to the game, the teams are continuing to work on the additional updates that were outlined in our previous post. We expect these updates to be ready at the end of October, at which time the PC version will be made available for purchase. In addition, support for all DLC that has been released for the console versions will be in place.
Thanks again for your continued patience and support. We’ll be sure to update everyone as soon as the update is live.
– Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment